Defence Health website services may encounter intermittent outages from Friday 27 May 2022 9:30 PM (AEST) to Monday 30 May 2022 12:00 AM (AEST) for scheduled maintenance.
- Mon-Thurs 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Fri 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM AEST
Join the family
I am an ADF memberFor current ADF members (including reservists) and their...
I am connected to Defence For those connected to Defence through...
Why choose us?
We're for family, not for profit
Member contributions stay in the fund for the benefit of all members. So we can give more back in benefits and focus on keeping premiums low.
Over 65 years experience
We were created to support the families of those who defend our country. We understand better than anyone what you want from health insurance.
Customer satisfaction award
Our members are among the most satisfied in the industry and we've been recognised with awards from Roy Morgan and Smart Investor.
Join online 24/7
It’s quick and easy to join online, any time of the day or night.
Choose your own provider
Our dental and optical networks provide great value. You can also choose to visit any provider you like, and you will still receive your benefits.
Get more back in benefits
In 2020, 92 cents in every premium dollar went back to members in benefits. We don’t have shareholders, so your premiums stay in the fund.
Manage your membership online 24/7
With Online Member Services, it is easy to view your cover, claim on selected Extras, view your limits, update your details and more.
Fast & easy online claiming
Online Member Services makes it quick and easy to claim for many Extras. Or you can use our mobile app, just snap a photo of your receipt and submit.
More ways we look after your health
You can join Defence Health if you recognise yourself in one of the groups below.
- Partners and kids of permanent ADF members (permanent SERCAT 6-7) - if you’re a member of the permanent ADF you don’t need to cover yourself but you can cover your partner and/or child(ren)
- Reservists (SERCAT 3-5), their partners and kids
Getting a quote is quick and easy
If you don't fit within this group you may be eligible through your past service, family or work.
You can join Defence Health if you recognise yourself in one or more of the groups below.
- All those who have previously served in the ADF (full-time or part-time) and their partners and children
- Anyone who works or has worked in the Department of Defence and other Defence-related departments
- Anyone who works or has worked for a Defence supplier - a company or agency contracted to the Department of Defence, where you are or were involved in the supply of goods and services to Defence
- You are the mum or dad, son or daughter, sister or brother, grandchild or ex-spouse/partner of a serving or ex-serving member of the ADF or of an ADF supporter (described above)
Getting a quote is quick and easy -
Partners and dependent kids of ADF members (permanent SERCAT 6-7, and reservist SERCAT 3-5) can all join Defence Health. We have specially designed cover options more relevant to your needs.