Why choose us?
- Comprehensive ambulance cover Australia-wide on every Defence Health membership. For clinically necessary air, sea or road ambulance services by a state-appointed ambulance provider. Includes emergency services, non-emergency dispatch, mobile intensive care and sea ambulance services. Patient transport services are not ambulance services and are not claimable. No caps on usage or monetary limits.
- Affordable cover for under 30s with an age-based discount of up to 10% on eligible hospital products. If you join before age 26 you can lock in a 10% discount until you turn 41.
- More for families including immediate cover for newborns or adopted children with immediate cover once you add them and if you apply within 60 days of birth or adoption. It's backdated to the birth or adoption date. Plus no excess for kids if they go to hospital, a custom-fitted mouthguard each year to protect young teeth (on most extras). Everyone in the family has their own individual annual limits and there’s no lifetime limit on orthodontic benefits.
- Kids are covered until age 21 if single or 25, if single and studying fulltime.
- Keep 21 to 25 year-old non-students covered on any hospital and extras policy with Family+. It’s the simple and affordable option for families with young adult kids.
Hospital cover you can depend on
Choose from competitively priced gold, silver, bronze or basic hospital cover to meet your needs. Our ‘plus’ options give you a bit more cover. The level you choose determines the range of included clinical treatment categories.
- Access to one of the largest networks of agreement private hospitals, where the accommodation and theatre fees for your included clinical treatment are 100% covered.
- Reduce or eliminate out-of-pocket medical expenses in hospital when your doctor uses Access Gap.
- Chronic care programs (on eligible hospital products) to support members with serious health challenges.
- In-home nursing and rehabilitation (based on clinical assessment and eligible hospital cover) to get you home sooner. This could include services such as wound management, intravenous therapy, or rehabilitation.
Great value extras cover
Extras cover helps lower the cost of health care that’s not covered by Medicare. Treatment types include dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic treatment and a range of other therapies. We have three levels of extras cover – Premier, Value and Essentials. The higher your level of cover, the more services you’ll be covered for and the higher the benefits and annual limits.
- A dental network to give you quality dental care at special member prices. And a no-gap annual check-up and clean (refer to product guide for limits).
- Our optical network delivers greater value optical benefits and a wide range of fashionable no-gap glasses.
- Extra flexibility with flexi-limits. Use your flexi-limit how you like across a range of included treatment such as speech or occupational therapy, psychology, podiatry and more.
- Health and wellbeing benefits for a range of health screening tests and Quit smoking programs (mid and top-level extras).
Commitment to the ADF community
ADF families and the Defence community are at the heart of everything we do.
- We have exclusive packages that are best value for money.
- A 10% transition discount on civilian policies for 12 months after leaving the ADF.
- Discounts and support for ex-serving ADF members with Veteran Gold or White card.
- If you are transitioning to the Reserves (SERCAT 3-5) you will remain eligible for one of our exclusive ADF packages. If you’ve already got the family covered, it’s just a matter of calling us and we’ll add you to the policy. If you are transitioning to the Reserves (SERCAT 1 or 2), then you can choose from our mix and match options.
We look after our own
Join a health fund for members not shareholders.Get a Quote